lost meme: four brotps
↳ sawyer x hurley (3/4)
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing."
The mission has to do with regret… and the mission has to do with mistakes. The mission is also about love. I’m already saying too much.
Safety Not Guaranteed
a christmas mix master post
A MIX FOR CHRISTMAS VOL I → the one with the classics
01. andy williams . it’s the most wonderful time of the year // 02. ella fitzgerald . sleigh ride // 03. bing crosby . white christmas // 04. dolly parton . go tell it on the mountain // 05. otis redding . merry christmas baby // 06. elvis presley . blue christmas // 07. bing crosby & david bowie . peace on earth/little drummer boy // 08. wham . last christmas // 09. frank sinatra . santa claus is coming to town // 10. brenda lee . rockin’ around the christmas tree // 11. aretha franklin . winter wonderland // 12. vince guaraldi trio . christmas time is here (vocal version) // 13. perry como . it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas // 14. thurl ravenscroft . you’re a mean one, mr. grinch // 15. andy williams . silver bells // 16. donny hathaway . this christmas // 17. burl ives . holly jolly christmas // 18. nat king cole . the christmas song // 19. john lennon & yoko ono . happy xmas (war is over) // 20. joni mitchell . river // 21. frank sinatra . silent night // 22. judy garland . have yourself a merry little christmas
A MIX FOR CHRISTMAS VOL II → the one with the contemporary stuff[DOWNLOAD VOL II]
01. ron sexsmith . maybe this christmas // 02. death cab for cutie . christmas (baby please come home) // 03. lenka . all my bells are ringing // 04. guster . donde esta santa claus? // 05. rufus wainwright . spotlight on christmas // 06. cocoon . christmas song // 07. the pipettes . in the bleak midwinter // 08. rilo kiley . xmas cake // 09. bright eyes . blue christmas // 10. jack johnson . rudolph the red-nosed reindeer // 11. sara barielles & ingrid michaelson . winter song // 12. mascott and gramercy arms . this christmastime // 13. mariah carey . all i want for christmas is you // 14. michael buble . i’ll be home for christmas // 15. rachael yamagata . river // 16. sufjan stevens . come thou fount of every blessing // 17. she & him . silver bells // 18. the ravonettes. the christmas song // 19. john legend . jesus, what a wonderful child // 20. kelly clarkson . o holy night // 21. slow club . christmas tv // 22. the hotel cafe medley . auld lang syne
bonus track - o holy night [instrumental]
A MIX FOR CHRISTMAS VOL III → and the one with whatever else i felt like[DOWNLOAD VOL III]
01. sufjan stevens . christmas in the room // 02. barenaked ladies & sarah mclachlan . god rest ye merry gentlemen // 03. yo la tengo . it’s christmastime // 04. rufus wainwright ft. sharon van etten . baby, it’s cold outside // 05. elvis presley . silver bells // 06. otis redding . white christmas // 07. bruce springsteen . santa claus is coming to town // 08. stevie wonder . what christmas means to me // 09. louis armstrong . cool yule // 10. fiona apple . frosty the snowman // 11. frightened rabbit . it’s christmas so we’ll stop // 12. leona naess . christmas // 13. a fine frenzy . let it snow // 14. nicole atkins . blue christmas // 15. the civil wars . i heard the bells on christmas day // 16. polyphonic spree . happy xmas (war is over) // 17. she & him . the christmas song // 18. aretha franklin . silent night // 19. josh groban . ave maria // 20. mariah carey . o holy night // 21. frank sinatra . it came upon a midnight clear // 22. ella fitzgerald . what are you doing new years eve?
- un-disgruntle yourself
- comfort someone
- be comforted
- go to a quiet place
- press a magic button and fix everything
- get a hug
- see something cute
- hear rain noises
- play cute games
- cut something/someone (blood)
- break something
- open a window
- have a guided relaxation
- listen to nature sounds (or here)
- do nothing for 2 minutes
- play the piano
- make cute ecards
- make cool music (ex.)
- get an idea for what to do
- avoid boredom
- watch a dream
- have a stickman adventure
"Polished from her metallic gold wig to her patent leather high heels, gripping a clipboard. Remarkably unchanged except for the vacant look in her eyes.” - Mockingjay